Monday, June 14, 2010

I just took a long walk with Harley and was thinking the whole time how peaceful the neighborhood felt. I love that time of night where everyone is done with dinner, getting ready for bed and settling down. It is such a peaceful feeling. I couldn't help but think how nice it would feel to have that peace, all day every day. I think that's what God wants for us, but too many times we let worry, anger, fear, and a million other things get in the way. Of course, I speak from personal experience with this. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a worrier. I think having kids made this about 100 times worse! So, now I not only worry about myself, I worry about them constantly as well.

God is really working with me on this and I'm sure there are times where he just wants to give me a good pinch or maybe even a punch and tell me to stop worrying.

We found out that our church has a community group right in our neighborhood! I'm excited to meet other people nearby that go to our church. I hope we can make some new friends!

On Wednesday, Adam and I celebrate 9 years of marriage. What? 9 years already? Crazy! I can't believe it. I have a fun dinner planned for us! I'm going to surprise Adam with our plans. It's my turn since he put together the weekend at Lost Pines. I am so thankful to be married to someone that I am confident will be my other half forever. Hey, what is that? Is that peace I'm feeling? I think it is! Yeah! That's one step for today!

0 comments: