Friday, March 11, 2011

Apple Juuuuuuice...

We're in to two word phrases now people! Yay! After a little concern on my end for Jackson not being quite the talker Kylie was, he has really blossomed lately! Just yesterday he started saying Apple Juice and not just juice. He can say "kitty cat", "daddy's truck", "hot dog", "bye bye ______" and quite a few other things. I'm so happy! He's a smart little dude. Every parent thinks their own kids are smart, right?

Adam and I got to help out at school for a little bit this morning for Kylie's Reading Rodeo. They did a big two-week Reading Round-Up to raise money for the school library. Each child read as many minutes as they could for two weeks and then people pledge money for their reading. It's a great tradition at Regents! This morning, Adam and I helped with the Spin Art booth at the Rodeo. It is so wonderful that Adam is able to be a part of things like this at school. We are so lucky. I know it means the world to Kylie when we are involved at school. Adam and I had fun helping the little kids make their spin art papers. They really enjoyed it! The Rodeo was really quite a treat for the kids. Other than spin art, they had bounce houses, an inflatable slide, tug-of-war, popcorn, face painting, ball toss, and more games. The kids had a great time and it was a great reward for their hard work reading.

This whole growing a human thing is really wearing me out! I can't seem to shake off the fatigue! I guess on top of working and raising two other kids, it's just a bit much. I'm going, but man I'm tired. It's too bad I can't tank up on caffeine! One thing that has always been strange about my pregnancies is my inability to drink coffee. I love coffee. I typically drink it every day, but not now. Really the thought of it just gives me a sick feeling. So weird. I guess it's a good thing though! I've switched to hot tea which is probably much better for me.

I'm loving this beautiful weather and hope it stays around for a while! God's glory truly shines on these pretty days!

0 comments: