Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gunner

This time next week, we will have a new family member. He will be 8 weeks old and he is a brindle, male boxer.  We have been anxiously awaiting his arrival and getting prepared for a new puppy in the house. I hardly remember Harley being a puppy.  I do remember how she loved to dig holes in our backyard and would sometimes play so hard we thought she might pass out.  I look back on pictures of her when she was so very small, and I can hardly believe it. So, bringing Gunner home will be bittersweet.  What a joy to have a new furry friend and to love and spoil, but yet a reminder of a sweet girl we lost not long ago.

The breeder says he has perfect markings and wanted to keep him for a show dog, but her husband told her she needed to wait until the mama's next litter.  He comes from a great bloodline and the breeders seem to truly LOVE raising Boxers and have been so great to work with.

Adam and I will drive to Waco next Saturday to pick him up. I pray for some speedy training of this little guy!  I don't have as much patience now that I have three kiddos:) As long as he potties outside and doesn't chew up my house, we'll be great buddies!

Learning to love again... we can't wait to be your new family Gunner!




You have big puppy shoes to fill!

Sweet puppy Harley

0 comments: