Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fun weekend!











What started out to be a pretty yuck week, ended up with a lot of fun! Kylie got sick on Sunday afternoon with runny nose and cough and by Monday it had really progressed so I took her in to the doctor. Thank goodness I went ahead and took her! She had gotten the Croup! Don't know how, why, or where, but she got it. So, she was pretty poopy until Wednesday and is now finally back to her old self again. So, now we've had the stomach virus and the croup in the last month or so...I hope we're done for a long while!

On to the fun parts! We spent Saturday with our sweet friends Melissa and Lainie. Kylie and Lainie go to the same preschool and have been buddies since before they were two. Lainie's birthday is today and she told her mom all she wanted to do was have Kylie over for cupcakes! I thought that was so sweet. Instead of just having cupcakes, Melissa planned a fun day for all of us. First, we took the girls to get their nails painted. I must say Kylie picked the absolute ugliest color in the whole place - yellow! Then, we picked up a smoothie and headed to Zilker Park to ride the train. It was a beautiful day to ride the train and do some sight-seeing, mostly of people on the trail! After Zilker we went to get some pizza for lunch. The pizza place is right across from Hey Cupcake! this great little trailer that sells amazing cupcakes. So, after lunch we walked over there and each got one of the biggest, sweetest, yummiest cupcakes I've ever had. Wow, that was sweet! After we satisfied our sweet teeth, we headed over to Zilker Gardens for the Dinoland exhibit. It was a pretty neat exhibit. They had fairly realistic renditions of all kinds of dinosaurs in the trees and around the area. We were all tuckered out after this and decided to head home. I know I was exhausted!!! It was such a fun day and Kylie and I are both so thankful for Melissa and Lainie's friendship!
Today's excitement was the annual Candy Carnival close to our house. It was a fun dress-rehearsal for Halloween. I wasn't so sure how it was going to turn out, but Kylie looked adorable. I painted her face and her hair. She begged me to buy her purple hair spray at the store and I caved. It was cute though, definitely added a special dynamic to the whole get-up! She got to play lots of games and got enough candy to last us until Halloween for sure. After she took a two hour nap and then had her fair share of candy tonight, she's still awake and it's almost 10!!! Not a great way to start the week, but oh well, it's Halloween!

0 comments: