Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Lord is my Shepard

Kylie can now recite almost the entire 23rd Psalm and has learned the Star Spangled Banner in only 3 weeks of school! Every time I hear her recite the Psalm, it just melts my heart. I ask her to do it for me a few times a day. She's not sick of me asking just yet! I guess I never realized how quickly kids as young as 5 can learn new things, and not simple things! To learn an entire Psalm is amazing. I am so proud of her!

She did ger her "clip moved" in class this week, which is another way of saying she got a warning. Her sweet teacher emailed me and said her eyes filled with tears when it happened. It sounds like she was being a chatty kathy during a math lesson with her classmate. I am hopeful this will be a one-time thing for this year, although I was disappointed that it happened only three weeks into school. But, like I told her teacher, sometimes we all need a little humbling reminder to be respectful and do what is expected.

To make things better, Jackson tried to bite a little girl in his class! They were playing in the indoor play room and he just decided he'd take a bite at a little girl. He just got the back of her shirt, thank goodness. I really hope it doesn't become a consistent thing. Yikes, I will be really worried if it does. I am hopeful for now that he just had a lapse of judgement! He has many of those lately it seems. I am definitely finding it difficult to discipline the little guy. He doesn't respond to "no" very well and almost acts like it's a game. It's the "as long as I'm getting attention, even if it's bad attention" deal. He can be pretty exhausting as we try to keep him in line. I try to remain patient with him, but stern at the same time. Mainly, I know I need to keep praying for wisdom, strength, and patience to lead him in the right direction.

I have a fun, busy week planned this week! Aside from meetings and getting ready to train a new hire, I get to be the parent helper in Kylie's class on Tuesday and assist with their art project. Then, I have taken Friday off to get things done, go to a get-to-know-you coffee for the class moms, and prepare for my best buddies from Baylor coming into town! I can't wait to see them. There are nine of us who have stayed very close. We all became friends through Tri Delt and have continued to remain friends for over 10 years. They are all amazing friends and I cherish each fun weekend we have together!

Here's to a fun, busy week!

0 comments: