Sunday, January 2, 2011

So much to say...


I am being a big overachiever here already in the New Year! I'm sure it won't stick, but I am waiting for some of my work to print out and thought I would catch everyone up on where Jackson is right now and all of the fun things he is doing!

Here are the words he can say:
Shoes
School (very cute when he says this as we pull up to school)
Juice
Eat
Choooo Chooooo (for train of course)
Bye Bye
Hi
Up (or Ups sometimes)
I want that... this is his very favorite thing to say, followed by a fit if he doesn't get what he wants!
Cheese
Car
Bath
Please or (pease)

Those are the main ones. He's starting to really be able to mimick words which usually means he'll start saying many more things pretty quickly. Man, we have been waiting a while to get that boy to talk to us and tell us what he wants!

He continues to be extremely agile and can pretty much climb up or onto anything. He seems to have no fear about climbing or jumping off of things (yeah for us, right?). He is a good eater and seems to actually prefer veggies and fruit most of the time. We officially retired the bottle about 3 weeks before Christmas and he could really care less, so no more cleaning bottles! He still loves his suckies at night time, but doesn't really ever use it out of the bed at all, so hopefully the attachment won't be too severe to kick fairly quick.

He loves going to school and church and his teachers seem to enjoy him so very much. He's the life of the party! He has not had any separation anxiety and just dives right in to what is going on. No doubt he keeps them on their toes, but he is a true delight.

He is always on the GO and when I mean on the go, I mean, he does NOT like to stay home too long. He likes to get out of the house. If Adam or I are going somewhere and he figures it out, he goes and grabs his shoes and brings them too us. He loves it when Grandma Mary shows up at the house because he knows she'll take him on an adventure somewhere!

Oh, I am so anxious to see what this little man will be like when his personality truly shines out. He really seems to have a sweet spirit about him and at the same time he is very determined. He likes to look at how things work and then try it on his own. It doesn't take him long to figure anything out. His mind is always working. I like to say he's like his namesake Papa Ralph who was always tinkering with this and that. I think Adam would agree with me that if he is anything like Papa, we've done something right. I'm sure he's smiling down on him as he watches him grow and says "that's my boy!"

0 comments: