Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Baby Eve!

My sis sent me an email that said "Happy Baby Eve" and I thought that was pretty cute!
So, tomorrow is the big day when we will welcome Carter James into our lives.
I just now packed our bags and I guess I feel like we are ready? I don't know how ready we can be, but I guess we are there.
If it's anything like Jackson's birth, we will go in at 10:30, I'll slip into a gown have my pulse and blood pressure checked and wait around for a bit - then off to surgery! It's actually a pretty low-key affair. Everyone loves Dr. McIntyre and you can tell. It's a pleasant, joyful environment. I've requested the same anesthesiologist I had for both Kylie and Jackson. He's kind and has been so great with the other two, of course I wanted him for Carter!
Nothing can really explain the way it feels to see your baby for the first time. What an amazing experience it is. I can't wait to hold him and snuggle with him.
No doubt I'm anxious about all the things that come along with a newborn and taking care of two other kiddos at the same time. It's a bit overwhelming, but one day at at time.
Here are my prayer requests:
A safe delivery of a healthy baby, a quick recovery, the ability to juggle schedules with school starting, the strength to make it through sleepless nights, and the ability to (despite how tough it might be to adjust) truly appreciate these three precious gifts God has given us. For one day, soon enough, they will all be grown up and we'll wonder where the time went. As much as we like to speed the time up, Lord please slow us down so we can enjoy our greatest treasures.
My next post will be of Mr. Carter! God be with us!

1 comments:

Kelly Breeden said...

Oh my goodness! Such a magical day ahead. I'm thinking about you guys and thanking God for all your gifts. Can't wait to hear about your big day! You will be so amazed by how that 3rd baby enhances your life and your family. Such a gift. xoxo, Kelly Breeden