Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's a New Year... a clean slate, a fresh start! I like the New Year.  So, maybe the resolutions are cliche', but it's nice to have a goal even it's a small, silly one.  What are my resolutions? Of course the typical, get healthier, in better shape, maybe lose a few (or many) lbs.  I actually just bought a juicer and I'm really excited about it.  I've heard the health benefits from juicing can be really great! I'd really like to start taking care of my body better.  I'm not getting younger and I'd like to take care of myself in every way I can.  Being a working mom is so incredibly demanding.  Obviously showing in my lack of blogging - ugh.  Hopefully I will be able to blog more consistently now.  The last few months of the year are always crazy with work, school, holidays, etc.  And, adding Kylie's surgery in there certainly added to the madness.
The resolution I really want to make a priority is JOY.  Joy in the everyday, joy in the moment, joy in the simple and the chaos, joy in the challenge.  And on top of this joy... CONTENTMENT.  To be content with where I am right now.  Not where I was or where I hope to be, but where I am RIGHT NOW, because where I am is exactly where God wants me to be.  That's not always easy and sometimes I feel like a child who is kicking and screaming in protest.  But, I'm God's child and I know He will always hold on no matter how much I kick and scream.  Some of the most precious moments I've had with my children are after they have been scolded, especially if it's led to a spanking which isn't often.  It's a raw moment of vulnerability and it's a precious moment.  I find I am the closest to my children in those times.  Even through the tears (sometimes my own).
Christmas has come and gone, but the memories I spent with my family are ones I will always treasure. It's not often we get uninterrupted time together.  Time to just hang out and be together and I really enjoyed it.  We had a little cabin fever as we ended up the break, so we were ready for our routine to start again!  It's amazing how my whole view about Christmas is so different now.  Growing up it was always about Santa and presents and treats, well about me!  What I wanted and liked!  What was in it for me.  But now, I could honestly not open a single present and be completely fine with it.  I love watching others open presents and see the joy when they receive something they love.  I love giving someone a gift I've really put efforts into making very special.  Really now it was about just being together and being so grateful for Jesus and what his birth meant. I love it! It's not about me at all:)
Kylie is totally into the gifts.  The more the merrier with her.  She loves her things and the more glamorous the better.  I love giving her things that I know she will love.  She gets so excited! And way dramatic! Jackson really got it this year.  This is the first year he really understood and was really anxious for Christmas morning. I can't tell you how many times he said "Awesome."  It was adorable.  My little Carter man was still clueless but man did he dig the new fire truck he got.  The minute he saw it, I just knew it was a hit!  So tons of presents, treats, and meals later it was a magical holiday.
On New Year's Eve I decided to take the kiddos to a fireworks stand to buy some sparklers.  We bought these two big sword-looking things (like I have a clue what it does), some long, big sparklers and then some regular ones.  Kylie was into it right away.  Of course, Jackson (my cautious one) was not too sure he wanted anything to do with this madness.  Luckily when we got to the last few he decided to join in.  Carter just enjoyed the light show as he chilled in his swing.  Another memory I will always treasure! Thank you Lord for giving me these precious moments!
Now we're back into the swing of things.  I'm finishing up a HUGE project at work that is taking a ton of hours and I will be super happy when it's all done.  That will be a big weight lifted off.  It's always the hardest time of the year for me due to the hours involved, but I'll get through it!  I'm thinking about taking a ME day when it's all done to celebrate it's completion!
Kylie goes back to Scottish Rite on the 23rd to get her casts off! The day before her birthday, so that worked out perfectly.  I'm anxious to see what it will be like.  Will she just walk normal right away?  Will she be wobbly and awkward for a while?  I guess we'll see!  I haven't even posted pics of her in her cast!  AAAAAHHHH! 
Well, here's a to GREAT 2013!!!  I have a good feeling about this one...



0 comments: