Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bend it Like Beckham

I really have no idea what that means, nor did I see the movie.  I know it's related to soccer somehow, so there you go.  My attempt at being clever!  Jackson started his first team sport - soccer!!! Adam nor I have ever actually played soccer, so this is all new to us.  Luckily, right now it's really just a matter of getting kids to actually stay on the field and possibly kick the ball in the right direction and not take it away from their teammates.

It's been quite entertaining so far.  We only have about three to four kids out of seven that will actually go out and play.  The others stand on the sideline and pout or cry, and if they do go on the field, they pout and cry.  I am SO glad Jackson isn't doing that.  I think I would quit going!

Jackson's first real game was a challenge.  They played three mini games and it was so hot.  I think he just about gave it all he had in the first game and didn't have much left for the rest.  Poor guy.  He was so tired and hot.  I was really proud of his efforts though. 

His second game went great!  The team they played was definitely more advanced than our sweet Falcons, but Jackson hustled and even scored a few goals.  His victory cheers after he scores are priceless.  We need to get them on video.  You would think he just scored the winning goal at the World Cup.  It's awesome and we love his enthusiasm!

My hope for him in all this is to get the feel for the "team" atmosphere, work on his coordination, and have a really FUN time most of all.  So far, I think we're headed in the right direction!  And, he just looks so darn adorable in his little uniform (spoken like a true mom, I know).  Maybe I need to get one of those buttons made with his picture on it and wear it to every game.  Too much?  Yeah, I thought so:)

 




0 comments: