Monday, May 11, 2009

A Happy Birthday and Mother's Day











We celebrated a great Mother's Day yesterday! In fact, my birthday was on Wednesday, so I had a super special week!

We went out to eat at Texas Land and Cattle and then back to our house for a yummy cake that Adam and Kylie made for me. Lots of candles on that cake!

On Thursday, I had another doctor's appointment and we officially have a birthday for Jackson! We will welcome him into the world on Friday, May 29th at 12:30!

For Mother's Day we went to a great service at church (Mother's Day is always one of my favorites!) and then out to brunch with the Biehlers and Grandma Ginny at Iron Cactus. The food was amazing! Then, for dinner we went to my mom's house and celebrated with Deanna and her family. I even got to fit in a nap in the afternoon. Great day!

I've had some rough days here and there, just feeling utterly exhausted and extremely uncomfortable. I'm really trying to be a trooper, but sometimes it is so hard. I want to use these last few weeks to really spend some quality time with Kylie and get all of my work agendas in order, but certain days it is challenging. So, I'm just praying that I can be comfortable and get rested up for Jackson's arrival in these next few weeks and at the same time really relish this time with Kylie. She has been very patient with me and I am so grateful that she understands when Mommy isn't feeling well. What a sweetheart!

1 comments:

Lydia Mills- said...

Wow! 2 weeks to go....so, so exciting!! You look fantastic- your whole family is beautiful. Can't wait to see little Jackson too. Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day weekend, and a fun birthday celebration. Grama Ginny was ravinga about all the fun she had....
Oh! big, huge congrats to Adam too- so, so proud. He will make a terrific teacher.