Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Break 2012 Day Two

Rodeo... here we come!
I was a little worried on the way there because it was sprinkling, but we were going to the Rodeo rain or shine!
Carter stayed home while Kylie, Jackson and I spent some fun time together.  We started at the big barn for petting tons of cute (and not so cute) animals.  There was even a camel in there.  Those are some really interesting animals!
Kylie always enjoys feeding the animals and doesn't seem skiddish about it all.  Jackson on the other hand, prefers to throw the food at them so not to actually touch them!  At one point, a little goat was chewing on my shoelace and he did not like that one bit.  I thought it was really funny:) Some of those animals were little stinkers and would almost knock kids down trying to get their food.  One of them went after the backpack I was wearing!
After the petting zoo, we went out to ride some rides.  Jackson got to ride his first roller coaster.  I could tell he was a bit leary of the roller coaster, but I'm really glad he didn't chicken out.  Kylie sat in front of us, then Jackson and I were right behind her.  He was whimpering a little bit at first, but then he got the hang of it and was all smiles! So fun!  Oh man, I want to go back to Disneyworld.  He would so dig that place (well, who doesn't).
The other highlight of the rodeo was the tractors on display.  We could have gone just to check out the tractors and he would have been totally fine with that.  He is so into tractors right now.  In fact, we're thinking he might get a little ride-on tractor for his birthday in May. Ha!
The only bad part about the day was going out the wrong exit and then having to walk all the way through the Rodeo to get back to the right exit. Ugh.  I have no sense of direction.  No good.








I am so glad we went and hope to make it an annual tradition with the kiddos!

0 comments: